Mandurah Surf Lifesaving Club is an inclusive organisation that welcomes all people wanting to be involved in lifesaving in whatever capacity that might be.
The Mandurah Surf Life Saving Club active season runs from October to April each year with club registration usually set for a date in mid-September. Annual membership fees are payable by the 31 October of the current year. For insurance purposes, Members who fail to pay their membership prior to the 31 October of the joining year will not be able to participate in club activities until fees are paid and membership is activated.
For new memberships and memberships transfers applications will need to be approved by the current Club Executive Committee before membership will be activated.
Mandurah Surf Lifesaving Club are a Kidsport club. For Information on how to apply for Kidsport funding to use towards your membership fees please click here.
**Please note the club does not apply for your individual Kidsport allowance – this must be done by the applying member as part of the registration process. MHSLSC Membership will not be activated until all payment of fees are fully received by the club.
(Example: Kidsport (funding code received by MHSLSC) + MHSLSC Membership Gap = Full payment)
To become a member of the Mandurah Surf Lifesaving Club you will need to provide the following documents at registration:
- Original Drivers Licence
- Birth Certificates, or Statutory Declaration stating date of Birth,
- Completed SLSA Membership Form – click here for Link,
- A membership form must be completed for each person joining the club including parents who join as associate members, and
- A medical and media release form – click here
- Working with Children Licence (if applicable).
Currently the club has four main membership categories.
- Active Membership (18+) –are those members of the club who hold a current Surf Lifesaving award and who are actively involved in club lifesaving activities, Nipper Age Group Management, or are part of the clubs Management Committee or any Club Sub Committee. Active (18+) members are full members with full club voting rights.
- Active Membership (U14-U17) – are those members of the club who hold or are working towards a current Surf Lifesaving award and are actively involved in club lifesaving activities or Nipper Age Group Management. Active U14 member and U15 members must have a parent or guardian join as at least an Associate Members. Active (14-17) members are full members but do not have club voting rights.
- Nipper Membership (Junior Activities Membership) – Each Nipper Membership includes one parent or guardian who is required to join the club. It is a club requirement that parents are present on the beach for all Nipper members up to 13 years of age during their participation in all club activities.
- Associate Membership – are those members including social members and Nipper Parents over the age of 18 who do not have an SLSA award or are actively involved in the Nipper Age Group Management or Committees. Associate Members are full members and have full club voting rights.
All age groups are determined by the age (at midnight on the 30 September). Example: youngest members must be 5 years of age prior to midnight on the 30 September to be eligible for membership.)
Mid Season Membership.
Membership will continue to be accepted throughout the season; however, payment of fees as set out in the fee schedule must be made prior to joining beach activities.
|Membership Categories and Fees|
|Active Member (18+)||Refer to the notes above for membership explanation.||$35 per person|
|Active Member (14-17)||Refer to the notes above for membership explanation.||$35 per person|
|Associate Membership||Refer to the notes above for membership explanation.||$50 per person|
|Nipper Member (Junior Activities Member)||Cost per Nipper and includes one adult Membership. PLease refer to the description above.||$150 per Nipper|
|Training and Education Fees|
|Surf Rescue Certificate Trainee – for a candidate who has completed U13 Nippers the previous or current Year||No Charge|
|Surf Rescue Certificate Trainee – with no previous nipper training*||$50|
|Surf Rescue Certificate holder upgrading to Bronze Medallion#||$20|
|Bronze Medallion Trainee*||$70|
|HLTAID001 – CPR Refresher||$56|
|HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid – MHSLSC Club Members^||$80|
|HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid – Other SLSWA Club Members^||$110|
|HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid – Non Club Members^||$150|
|HLTAID007 – Advanced Resuscitation||$145|
|Community Surf Rescue Certificate (CSRC)||$120|
|In School Community Surf Rescue Certificate (CSRC)||$53|
*Includes course fee and Manual
#This only includes those members who have attained their SRC at the MHSLSC
^Business will be charged for a minimum of 8 participants per course