Mandurah Surf Lifesaving Club is an inclusive organisation that welcomes all people wanting to be involved in lifesaving in whatever capacity that might be.
The Mandurah Surf Life Saving Club active season runs from October to April each year with club registration usually set for a date in mid-September. Annual membership fees are payable by the 31 October of the current year. For insurance purposes, Members who fail to pay their membership prior to the 31 October of the joining year will not be able to participate in club activities until fees are paid and membership is activated.
For new memberships and memberships transfers applications will need to be approved by the current Club Executive Committee before membership will be activated.
Mandurah Surf Lifesaving Club are a Kidsport club. For Information on how to apply for Kidsport funding to use towards your membership fees please click here.
**Please note the club does not apply for your individual Kidsport allowance – this must be done by the applying member as part of the registration process. MHSLSC Membership will not be activated until all payment of fees are fully received by the club.
(Example: Kidsport (funding code received by MHSLSC) + MHSLSC Membership Gap = Full payment)
To become a member of the Mandurah Surf Lifesaving Club you will need to provide the following documents at registration:
- Original Drivers Licence
- Birth Certificates, or Statutory Declaration stating date of Birth,
- Completed SLSA Membership Form – click here for Link,
- A membership form must be completed for each person joining the club including parents who join as associate members, and
- A medical and media release form – click here
- Working with Children Licence (if applicable).
Currently the club has six main membership categories.
- Active Membership (18+) –are those members of the club who hold a current Surf Lifesaving award and who are actively involved in club lifesaving activities, Nipper Age Group Management, or are part of the clubs Management Committee or any Club Sub Committee. Active (18+) members are full members with full club voting rights.
- Active Membership (15-17) – are those members of the club who hold a current Surf Lifesaving award and are actively involved in club lifesaving activities or Nipper Age Group Management. Active (15-17) members are full members but do not have club voting rights.
- Family Membership – At least one parent or guardian is required to join the club (as at a minimum an Associate Member) with all Nipper and Active Cadet (13-15) members.
It is a club requirement that parents are present on the beach for all Nipper members up to 13 years of age during their participation in all club activities.
- Family memberships may apply to children up to 18 years of age.
- Active Cadet Members (13-15) – are those members of the club who hold a current Surf Lifesaving award and are actively involved in club lifesaving activities or Nipper Age Group Management. Active (13-15) members are full members but do not have club voting rights.
- Junior Activities Member (Nipper Member) – are those members of the club between the ages 5 (prior to 30 September of the given season) and 13 who are actively involved in the SLSWA Nipper Program being run by the MHSLSC.
- Associate Membership – are those members including social members and Nipper Parents over the age of 18 who do not have an SLSA award or are actively involved in the Nipper Age Group Management or Committees. Associate Members are full members and have full club voting rights.
All age groups are determined by the age (at midnight on the 30 September). Example: youngest members must be 5 years of age prior to midnight on the 30 September to be eligible for membership.)
Mid Season Membership.
Membership will continue to be accepted throughout the season; however, payment of fees as set out in the fee schedule must be made prior to joining beach activities.
The club will apply membership discounts to members who have supported the club the previous season through surf lifesaving patrols, being an age group manager or being a committee member. Please see the attached fee schedule for more detail.
Note: Where members qualify for multiple discounts only the highest will apply.
|Membership Categories and Fees|
|Building Levy||The building Levy is charge to all members and is used to pay for the building maintenance and utilities within the club.
This building levy is not included in the membership discounts.
|$40 per person
To a maximum of $120 per family
|Active Member (18+)||Refer to the notes above for membership explanation. Price includes the Building Levy and excludes any discounts.||$100 per person|
|Refer to the notes above for membership explanation. Price includes the Building Levy and excludes any discounts.||$80 per person|
|Associate Membership||Refer to the notes above for membership explanation. Price includes the Building Levy and excludes any discounts.||$145 per person|
|Junior Activities Member (Nipper and Cadets (13-15)||Junior Activities Members must join as a part of a family membership. Please see the table below.||See the Family Membership table.|
|Parents or Guardians||One Child||Two Children||Three Children||Four Children||Each Subsequent Child|
|1 Parent +||$210||$285||$320||$360||$35|
|2 Parents +||$320||$360||$395||$430||$35|
|Prices above include relevant building levy|
Season 2019/2020 Discounts
All members are requested to provide the club with a minimum of 2 hours volunteering service per season to assist with fundraising and other social activities. Membership discounts are provided to those members who give extra time to the club and who have assisted in the following areas.
- Members of the previous seasons Champion Patrol will receive a $20 discount on their fees.
- Members who complete a full season as an Age Group Manager in the previous year will receive a $25 dollar discount
- Members who have trained a minimum of one course as an Accredited trainer or who have assessed a minimum of one internal course as an Accredited Assessor in the previous year will receive a $30
- Members who have coached surf sports competitors as a designated coach in the previous year will receive a $30 discount
- Patrol Captains who completed their minimum patrol requirements the previous year will receive a $40
- Members who have completed a full season as a Club Office Bearer in the previous year will receive a $50
|Training and Education Fees|
|Surf Rescue Certificate Trainee – for a candidate who has completed U13 Nippers the previous or current Year||No Charge|
|Surf Rescue Certificate Trainee – with no previous nipper training*||$50|
|Surf Rescue Certificate holder upgrading to Bronze Medallion#||$20|
|Bronze Medallion Trainee*||$70|
|HLTAID001 – CPR Refresher||$56|
|HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid – MHSLSC Club Members^||$80|
|HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid – Other SLSWA Club Members^||$110|
|HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid – Non Club Members^||$150|
|HLTAID007 – Advanced Resuscitation||$145|
|Community Surf Rescue Certificate (CSRC)||$120|
|In School Community Surf Rescue Certificate (CSRC)||$53|
*Includes course fee and Manual
#This only includes those members who have attained their SRC at the MHSLSC
^Business will be charged for a minimum of 8 participants per course